05.11.2006 :: 19:38
"It's Been A While" And it's been awhile Since I could hold my head up high And it's been awhile Since I first saw you And it's been awhile Since I could stand on my own two feet again And it's been awhile Since I could call you And everything I can't remember As fucked up as it all may seem The consequences that I've rendered I've stretched myself beyond my means And it's been awhile Since I can say that I wasn't addicted And it's been awhile Since I can say I love myself as well And it's been awhile Since I've gone and fucked things up just like I always do And it's been awhile But all that shit seems to disappear when I'm with you And everything I can't remember As fucked up as it all may seem The consequences that I've rendered I've gone and fucked things up again Why must I feel this way? Just make this go away Just one more peaceful day! And it's been awhile Since I could look at myself straight And it's been awhile Since I said I'm sorry And it's been awhile Since I've seen the way the candles light your face And it's been awhile But I can still remember just the way you taste And everything I can't remember As fucked up as it all may seem to be I know it's me I cannot blame this on my father He did the best he could for me And it's been awhile Since I could hold my head up high And it's been awhile Since I said I'm sorry